I like to try and keep my desk area as de-cluttered as possible, as I find it a struggle to concentrate when I’m surrounded by lots of stuff like sweet wrappers and drinks here’s what’s been on my desk recently… alongside my IMac and general rubbish. but these are my ride or die products when I'm sitting at my desk all day
1. Wilko A5 Organiser
I’m not sure what I’d do without this gem! I use it all the time to write down sponsored post, post ideas,, things to do ect. It’s a great book to organize you life with too and I believe it was only £6 from Wilkinson’s, ( The organiser I have has seem to be sold out but this one seems similar but just different design and colour ect.
2. My Ihpone
My trusty iPhone complete with inspiring wallpaper quote, of course, for answering emails, instagram-ing my lunch / endless photos of Oscar, tweeting on twitter, texting tom, my family and other general forms of procrastinating. Like for example I would always answer text and social media nofications when in fact I have quite a few jobs to do.
3. My Headphones.
When I'm editing or writting a new post. I always have to listen to music, otherwise I find it hard to concercate like as I'm writing this post I'm currently listening to music what a surpise aye. But music seems to help me get into the spirt of things and get things done without music and my trust apple music I'd be lost truly I will, though I do try and sing my heart even though I can't sing to save my life lol. (Sorry family but gotta have a bit of fun while working).
This is organiser comes in hand to keep my sticky notes, pens and index paper organised and make its easier for me to grab when I need something from it. Talking about organisers I also have this white organiser my Imac sits on (as you can see in the picture below) and it keeps my dairy, phone and cup full of sweets init because doesn't need a bit of enegry food while there working.
5. Amazon Alexa
By now I think we’re all pretty familiar with Alexa. This is the original Amazon Echo and I’ve got some Amazon skills setup for it.For example, I can have it add stuff to my calendar, cue me to meditate, and the typical stuff like add stuff to my shopping list.This is a blog post for another day, but the reason I use Alexa most of the time when I’m surrounding by Apple device is simple: 99% of the time Alexa understands exactly what I’m asking for and makes it happen.
6. Note Book
I like to go analogue every now and again. I don’t really have a routine for when or how I use paper notebooks, but sometimes it just feels good to get some writing done.If I had to identify a pattern, I probably go to pen & paper when I’m really feeling stuck and don’t know how to move forward. If you’re curious it’s a pink Stop Wishing Start doing Note book from Lidles. with lined paper.
7. Paper Organiser
Last thing we have on the desk is this blue paper organiser, that seems to keep my recent book I of course write in and papers that I need to sort out but haven't managed to sort them out, it also hold a few smaller notebook i.e my diary and youtuber book where I keep all my ideas and all.
What's on your desk?
OK, so I’ve shared what’s on my desk. Now what’s on yours? Anything weird or fun or interesting? I know my desk is pretty basic, but that’s intentional too. I try and keep distraction as far away as possible, cause I am incredibly susceptible.
I keep my weird stuff in a tower unit under neath my desk. More on that in a future post but for now let me know in the comment's what on your desk if you have one, and what's the weridest thing that can be found on it.
I’m going to try to get these words out of my heart, but I can’t guarantee I can finish this. Tears are hitting my fingers as I type.
I’m not even sure where to start. There’s a lot that hasn’t been said out loud, but it’s not necessary because I know how you feel. More than anything, I want to say thank you and I love you.
As I write this, memories come flooding in. It's hard to pick just one to write about...Birthday Celebrations, Christmases under your big tree and of course, coming over and watching Only Fools and Horses and another endless daytime tv... All of these times have meant so much to me.
No matter what we do, I am always excited to spend time with you. You are such an intelligent, thoughtful and interesting man. You always introduce me to new ideas, or “old” ideas, whatever the case may be. We may not always have the same view or talk much, but I know I can always share my thoughts and you will respect and challenge them. Thank you for that does mean a lot to me.
I want to keep this short and sweet – although you know I have trouble keeping words at a minimum. You, however, always choose your words carefully and speak with purpose. And so, I will try and wrap this up.
What I really want to tell you is something I probably should have told you more often in the past 25 years of life and something I will try and do more often I love you. I respect you. I am so grateful you are a part of my life. I thank, my wonderful Nan, for bringing you into our lives.
Although you seem to have almost everything you need – family, friends, health – I wish you all your hopes and dreams on your birthday.
I love you, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, old guy….
Melancholy Mind by Charlene McElhinney
Published by Amazon in Great Britain
Buy on Amazon
Blurb: Melancholy Mind is a book full of poetry on the subject of Mental Health. It gives an insight into the reality of Mental Health (from one person's experience), it deals with medication, insomnia, love, causes, and symptoms, coping and the 'recovery' aspect too. This book is raw, emotional and candid. Charlene McElhinney has poured her heart and soul into this book and aims to reach out to Mental Health sufferers and also to those who want to try and understand the mind of a Depressive.
I have a new favorite poet. Melancholy Mind wasn’t even really on my radar until I covered Bee Chat on twitter one night, and became friends with the author herself. I’m so glad I deiced to give Melancholy Mind a read also thank you too, Faisal Ali on twitter for sending me a copy over. Melancholy Mind is one of those books that I’m going to be pushing on everyone now.
I recently caved and read good poet book and I had been searching for ages until I came across Melancholy Mind. I was hugely impressed with it and I was really enjoying the book and the different poems that were inside of it.
- Story: The story was fast and extremely interesting. We take a step into a mind of a depressive as we also explore different ways of coping and 'recovering'. The book aims to help those not to feel alone when they are and hope the book brings comfort to those who suffer from mental health issues. I believe Charleen has done a wonderful job with this book because everything is on point and she talks about the important things.
- Verse: Writing in verse really opens up a lot of different possibilities for the author and Charleen McElhinney took advantage of that. Not only was Charleen's experiences told in what she had to say but also in what she didn’t say or even what she crossed out.
Overall, Melancholy Minds was the one for me and I now can see why it’s been getting quite a bit of love from some other bloggers. The poetry was great and the story was definitely something that appealed to me and I'll be sure to definitely pass this book on to my readers, and my friends and family.
"I'm not getting old, I'm getting better".
Hey guys, welcome back to another post, as you may have noticed I have dedicated Tuesdays as my new blog post upload.
But today's blog post is going to be about how I am going to be spending my 25th Birthday. As I turn 25 on Friday 9th February 2018. (I'm well excited)
So for my birthday this year, I actually get to have a two-day celebration because on Thursday after work I get to meet up with my sister and family friend for lunch, then we're going to get our nails done. Then the sister and I are off to see my aunt for a bit as she lives close by.
Then once I've finished with the aunt It'll be time for us to come home, and then I'll be getting ready for a sleepover with Stevie so I'm pretty excited about it we're probably going to have some wine, and watch some horror films. On my actual birthday, (The Friday) Stevie and I then will be poping up to our local high street to get out eyebrows down and then go for lunch which probably will be KFC...
After we've finished with the shops, I would then come home and get ready for the family birthday meal, and we'll be going to Frankie and bennies, one of my favorite meals. I think this birthday will be amazing and sweet because I get to spend it with family and friends.
Let me know in the comments down below your birthday, just comment the day....
Love MT xxxx
Hey guys, so I've noticed there are some new followers around here, so I'd thought I'll do 21 things you probably didn't know about me to get to know me a little a better, and I love reading blog post like these.So I hope you enjoy finding out some new facts about your's truly!. Let's get started, shall we!
- Capitan America is one of the few movies I can watch over and over again.
- I have never left the United Kingdom but hopefully, someday I will.
- When I was In University I toured with Take That for13 nights in London (was an epic memory and always will remember)
- John Barrowman is my future babe (haha only joking he's gay :() but really he is my inspiration for all I do. Because of him I never give up on what I love doing.
- Back in school, I was part the drama club, but I only remember doing Cats the musical and Bugsy Malone.
- I have a twin sister and shared a room with her for 23 years, I also have an older brother.
- I have a few learning disabilities Autism, Dysbrixa, and Dyslexia.
- When I work I have to listen to music because it helps me focus more (As I write this post I'm currently listening to music and blocking out the world)
- I run two youtube channels (you probably already knew that) Misstezzax and Moretezzax.
- I have never been on a friends holiday but soon will be changed ( a post will be made about that soon)
- I am learning to play the ukulele
- Back in school, I was part of the football team ( all I did was stand on the pitch, I'm terrible at football) but because of this, I got to meet the lovely David Beckham and also stared in the sun's newspaper with him.
- I hold a degree in web media ( hence why I started this blog)
- I have about 105+ more cousin on my mum's side of the family (that's including boyfriends and girlfriends)
- I own a sighed copy of Greece the Musical soundtrack on record that was my mums but now I got my hands on it ( hahaha)
- In college, I was part of a short film that showed people our heritage site around my area ( Royal Greenwich)
- I meet Prince Phillip from the Royal family, we threw (When I say we I mean we got invited) him a party on the cutty sark.
- I do part-time volunteer work in a local charity shop near me (Scope)
- I own all Apple products my aunt use to call me the apple girl of Royal Greenwich.
- When I was turning just two years old sadly my mum passed away and I don't remember much about her apart from stories family have told me about her.
- My favorite two quotes are she believed she could and do more what makes you happy.
What fact from the above list surprised you the most?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below and if you have a list of fun facts most people don't know about you, feel free to share. I'd love to read your answers.
Yes, I have become one of those who's little obsessed with their phone, checking it before bed, if I've woken up in the night and checking that I've seen all my notifications. Sounds familiar?
Besides I probably spend way to much time on my iPhone, so I thought I'd share some apps that I'm finding important at the moment, bare in mind these are just my opinions.
Starting of with WordPress, I use WordPress app every day, you can use it to catch up on the latest blog post from people you follow. Check your blog stats eat. You can even use it to write a blog post and publish it when it is ready, which is a future I enjoy using when I’m not on my pc or laptop.
I saw this to jot down all my blogging post ideas I think off. I also use it to start writing my blog post especially again when I’m out and about. I can easily airdrop it to my mac and finish editing them on the computer and post when ready. This app is really handy to use it’s one of my most used apps.
As a blogger who’s busy, there isn’t often a chance to tweet especially when working, so this is perfect you can schedule up to 10 tweets in advance once posted you can then rebuffer. You can also use it to schedule post on Instagram and Facebook. It ha a handy analyst tool so you can see how many clicks your link got. This can help you to maximise the engagement with other Twitter users especially as twitter is where I get most of my blog traffic from.
I’ve tried a few photo editing apps, and aside from the usual features on instagram, I tend too use preview to either add a filter to my photos and sometimes sharpening and adjust the lighting slightly. It’s really easy to use and has a great rang of filters. in the preview app you can also schedule when you want to post to Instagram and you can find out about your instagram pictures stats too. I would recommend this app if you’re really into the whole editing I have attached a link so you can totally go download it.
I’d recommend checking all of these apps out. They can all be downloaded on the app store and the beauty is that they are all free (unless you want premium upgrades).
Have you tried these apps? What are your favourite apps to use as a blogger? x.